COME WORK FOR US
Have you a keen eye for figures…like to stay on top of the finances…enjoy making the budget work…? Come join our busy team at the Tasmanian Writers Centre.
The TWC is housed at the Salamanca Arts Centre and offers a program for writers and readers that includes events, workshops, services, memberships and the biennial Writers and Readers festival held in Hobart and/or across the state .
The TWC enables and supports writers, both in their efforts to connect with readers and establish their own artistic, professional and business development.
The centre is supported by the federal and state arts funding bodies, self generated income and a range of project support. It has an annual turnover of over $300,000.
POSITION AVAILABLE: BUSINESS MANAGER
Hours: 10 hours per week
Salary: $55,328 pro rata
Commencement: late June 2017
LOCATION: Tasmanian Writers’ Centre, 1st Fl, Salamanca Arts Centre,
77 Salamanca Place, Hobart
RESPONSIBILITIES – The TWC Business Manager support this not-for-profit arts organization and is responsible for the smooth business operation of the Centre. You will need a high-level of financial management and business expertise.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE:
Financial management and book keeping:
- maintaining all general accounts, payroll, online membership, bank reconciliations, invoicing and receipting
- Meeting the legislative requirements (GST, BAS,DGR etc)
- Preparing budgets and analyse expenditure against budget
- Generating monthly financial reports for the treasurer and director to present to the board meetings (six-weekly).
- Managing and maintaining all online payment and receipting systems for events and membership
- Managing the membership databases
The position reports to the Director
Management of Festival Budget and Payments:
- Every two years the centre presents the Tasmanian Writers and Readers Festival as a project of the TWC. The budget needs careful overview and attention to an increased volume of invoices.
At least three years’ managerial/accounting experience
Highly developed MYOB and Excel skills or Zero
Proven accounting, budget tracking and financial reporting
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and working as a team
Previous experience working with online information management systems Interest in the arts and/or non-profit sector.
Demonstrate initiative and think outside the square
Flexibility and teamwork supporting the work of a busy Centre
Applicants are encouraged to include a statement addressing the essential selection criteria By COB 19 June to [email protected]