Twitch Co-ordinator June – December 2017
Twitch is the young writer’s arm of the Tasmanian Writers Centre.
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest for the role as Twitch Coordinator, commencing June 2017.
This program supports young writers by facilitating events, promoting opportunities, celebrating achievements and helping to grow our vibrant writing community.
- Maintaining Twitch’s Facebook page, promoting writing opportunities, Sending out a newsletter-style email to the Twitch mailing list, alerting subscribers to upcoming events and opportunities.
- Attending to the logistics and organisation of events, such as booking venues and setting up venue spaces, arranging signage and introducing guest speakers.
- Keeping informed about the local writing scene and maintaining communications with local writers and other members of the community with the aim of expanding Twitch’s reach.
- Working closely with the Tasmanian Writers Centre’s Director and team to assist with administration of the centre and to help promote events.
- Assisting the Tasmanian Writers Centre with specific youth-oriented events for the Tasmanian Writers and Readers Festival.
- Produce event and program plans and reports for the Tasmanian Writers Centre as well as draft media releases to promote the Young Writers program.
- Liaise with other writers’ centres around Australia to ensure that Tasmanian’s young writers have the opportunity to connect and expand their practice nationally.
The role involves a commitment of 7 hours per week (usually undertaken on a Friday) paid at a rate of $28 per hour.
You will also be required to attend and host Twitch events and workshops on some evenings and weekends.
Applicants are expected to be members of the Tasmanian Writers Centre, showing support for the state’s literary community. Find out about our member benefits.
A National Police Check will need to be completed upon acceptance of the role and an application for a Working with Children.
- Enthusiasm for writing, the local writing scene and working with young people to foster their creative talents.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a team.
- Some experience with project management, communications, networking and liaising with government and community stakeholders.
How to apply for this position:
Please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] by close of business, Wed 31 May 2017