Create Your Digital Author Profile with Sue Bell
Date and time: 27th November 2016 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Moonah Arts Centre, 23-27 Albert Rd, Moonah Tasmania 7009
A comprehensive hands-on workshop to create an author brand that reflects your style and personality. You will learn how to create a professional author blog, and maximise your social media presence, with your own unique look. Readers like to know more about their favourite authors and your digital author profile is an engaging way to develop an ongoing fan base.
This workshop will cover:
- creating a simple website and blog to promote your book and author profile
- how to create pages, style content, create menus, upload images and video, links to Amazon (if you have a book to promote) and embed social media pages including Facebook and Twitter on your blog.
- the advantages of a self-hosted blog to normal blog on WordPress
- adding plugins and widgets
- using social media – Facebook and Twitter account – to support your profile
Sue Bell is a freelance journalist, teacher of Media and Digital Media Studies and specialises in eLearning, She has a Masters in Creative Writing, and an Advanced Dip Digital Media. Sue creates online resources for Midlifexpress.com a blog and publishing site, and runs courses on Indesign for Kindle and print-on-demand for writers.
Requirements: participants will need their own laptop and feel comfortable using technology. Tea and coffee will be provided, but please bring your own lunch.
Venue: Moonah Arts Centre
Date: 27th November 2016 10am-2pm
Cost: $77 TWC members/$99 non-members
Book a ticket online
You might also like to come to this workshop prepared with a brand new headshot. Book your photo with us here.