Date and time: 1st November 2017 - 30th November 2017 All Day
Location: , ,Map Unavailable
Have you thought about joining the Tasmanian Writers Centre as a member?
Need to renew?
Or would you like to buy a gift membership for a writer in your life?
During the month of November all new and renewing members will go into the draw to win these great prizes:
- One of two 2018 Pilot Diaries from Pilot Press – a real diary made especially for writers. The 2018 edition of Pilot crosses the ditch, it is a great mix of Australia and New Zealand’s top writers, poets, critics, journalists and playwrights. Plus, of course there is top industry advice from some fine journals (Island, Rabbit, Lip, Griffith Review, Poetry New Zealand & Brief). For more information: http://www.pilotpress.com.au/ (2 diaries to win) – (NOTE: all TWC members can purchase a Pilot Diary at 20% discount during the month of November! See our November members’ bulletin for the details or contact the Centre.)
- One of two double passes to the movie The Man Who Invented Christmas – Based on the novel by Les Standiford, THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS tells the story of how Charles Dickens (Dan Stevens from TV’s Downton Abbey) actually revived the holiday of Christmas with his self-published novel, A Christmas Carol. Facing pressure with looming debt, a feckless father (Jonathan Pryce) and recent critical failures, Dickens confronts his past by conjuring up fantastic characters including Ebenezer Scrooge (Christopher Plummer), for his now classic Christmas tale. Full of wit and warmth, THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS will bring out the holiday spirit in everyone. View the trailer. DRAWN 22 NOVEMBER: Congratulations to our winners: Mary Blackwood and Jen Fitzgibbon!
- One of a selection of new books including:
- Into the World by Stephanie Parkyn – to be launched in December
- Bridget Crack by Rachel Leary
- In Praise of Idleness by Bertrand Russell with Bradley Trevor Greive
- Otherland by Maria Tumarkin
- The Rogues (book 1 of Accidental Heroes) by Lian Tanner
- In My Skin by Kate Holden
- Sunlight and Seaweed by Tim Flannery
- Penguin Bloom by Cameron Bloom & Bradley Trevor Greive
- Into the Heart of Tasmania by Rebe Taylor
- The Case Against Fragrance by Kate Grenville
- Half Wild by Pip Smith
- Dark Emu by Bruce Pascoe
- The Lost Pages by Marija Pericic
TWC members recieve a wealth of benefits ranging from discounted tickets to exclusive services.
Established writers may seek teaching opportunities in our statewide workshop program, career support through our high-profile readings, festival partnerships and feature events, access to visiting writers for networking, and free marketing for their book launches.
For emerging writers, we offer advice and guidance, outstanding literary events, services such as manuscript assessment and connection to a wide literary community. Our monthly e-newsletter, Writas, offers the latest industry news, events listings, competitions and opportunities to develop your work – often running to ten or more pages of writer-specific opportunities. Join or renew now!