TWC Seeking a new Director
Date and time: 9th January 2018 - 22nd January 2018 12:00 am
Location: , ,Map Unavailable
The Tasmanian Writers Centre (TWC) is seeking a new Director to commence work in March of 2018 and is seeking applications for the position from suitably qualified individuals.
About the Writers Centre
The Tasmanian Writers Centre (TWC) is the peak industry body for literature in Tasmania. It promotes and supports writers and readers throughout Tasmania and provides workshops, mentorships, tutorials and manuscript appraisal services to writers, as well as overseeing literary awards, managing residencies and running key literary events (most notably the successful biennial Tasmanian Writers and Readers Festival). The Centre is located in Hobart and is situated in the Salamanca Arts Centre.
About the role
We are seeking an innovative, dynamic, and experienced Arts industry professional to lead and grow the Tasmanian Writers Centre. The appointment comes at an exciting time for the Centre as it seeks to build new partnerships, broaden its funding base, extend the range of its activities, and better serve the needs of the Tasmanian writing (and reading) community. This role is contract based, full-time, and reports directly to the Writers Centre Management Committee.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing and driving contemporary innovative arts programming
- Developing and delivering high quality business arts strategies and plans ensuring their alignment to TWC short and long term objectives
- Leading and motivating a team to advance employee engagement to develop a high performing team to take the Writers Centre to the next level
- Overseeing and monitoring all operations and core business activities to ensure results are consistent with the overall TWC strategy and vision
- Increasing present funding levels to build a more sustainable funding base through new funding partnerships and opportunities
- Identifying, building and maintaining key strategic relationships and partnerships
- Increasing and enhancing the TWC profile within Tasmania, Australia, and internationally
The successful applicant will have a minimum of five years proven Arts and/or literary industry experience and experience in developing successful arts programs. The ability to influence and motivate a range of stakeholders is essential, as is creating a strong vision to be the leading writers centre in Australia. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and outstanding organisational and leadership skills.
To be successful in this role you will have the following requisites:
- A minimum of five years’ proven experience in the Arts and/or literary industries, including management and leadership roles
- Proven expertise in developing and delivering fundraising strategies, grant applications and arts programming
- Proven financial management
- Demonstrated organisational management and leadership skills at a strategic level
- Proven experience of leadership and people management
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and build strong networks/partnerships across a broad cross section of external stakeholders including arts organisations, government, peak bodies, indigenous organisations and community, migrant community, publishing industry
- Demonstrated high level negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- A passion for literature and supporting writers
- A strong vision for the Centre’s future
- Qualifications and/or experience relevant to managing an innovative literary organisation
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply please address the above requisites and attach both your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please address your application to Prof Jeff Malpas, Chair, Writers Centre Management Committee, – email@example.com by the 22th January 2018. Any queries should also be addressed to the Chair at the above email address (please note that applications should NOT be sent to the TWC directly nor to its email address firstname.lastname@example.org).