TasWriters is pleased to offer a Manuscript Assessment Service to all members.
TasWriters Committee of Management member, Robyn Friend is currently volunteer curator of the Manuscript Assessment service. As well as a well-known author, Robyn has been a long-time mentor and manuscript assessor for the Centre, and tutored many novel-writing masterclasses in Launceston.
If you have been working on a manuscript, short or long, and feel the need for some expert feedback Robyn can arrange an assessment for you. Please address your enquiry to Robyn and she will match you with a suitable assessor and get the process underway. Further instructions are below.
Our assessors are all qualified, published Tasmanian authors in a range of genres. Your assessment will incorporate answers to any specific questions you may want addressed, together with recommendations by the assessor as to how publishable the manuscript is currently and suggestions for improvements. This will be a four page written report.
We encourage you to submit a partially completed manuscript at any stage of development, as it is beneficial to get a sense of where your writing skills may need specialist assistance before you put long hours into completing a work. Of course, completed manuscripts are also eligible for assessment.
Robyn, as volunteer curator, will act as the liaison between the writer and the assessor. If you would like additional services, such as full editing, as a follow up to your assessment, please make an enquiry to the email@example.com email address. TasWriters also offers specialist workshops, and longer courses, where you may be guided to further develop your manuscript.
Manuscript Assessment Fees (all prices include GST)
|Short manuscript up to 6000 words||$310|
|Children’s picture books up to three works and 6000 words||$220|
|Children’s/YA Fiction up to 50,000 words||$520|
|Poetry collection up to 1500 lines||$440|
|Fiction or non-fiction up to 50,000 words||$520|
|Fiction or non-fiction up to 80,000 words||$610|
|Fiction or non-fiction up to 90,000 words||$640|
|Fiction or non-fiction up to 100,000 words||$670|
|Fiction or non-fiction up to 110,000 words||$700|
|Fiction or non-fiction up to 120,000 words||$730|
To book an assessment:
- Calculate the assessment fee from the table above.
- Email Robyn Friend (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject: Manuscript Assessment Enquiry. Attach a short synopsis of your work (2-3 paragraphs or dot points will do), your Word document (no illustrations please) and a list of any questions on which you would like specific feedback. Include in your email the manuscript title, word length, type, genre and audience (if applicable).
- Robyn will engage an appropriate assessor and will contact you with further information including the bank account details for your assessment fee.
- Make your payment and email Robyn with the confirmation.
- Your assessment report will be emailed to you within 3 weeks of your payment being received.
This service is only available to members, but if you are interested in joining first, an online membership sign-up will be available here.
This is one of our most popular and effective services for moving your writing forward. If you have further queries, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com