Gina Mercer enjoys a three-stranded career as a writer, teacher and editor. She’s published eight books across three genres. She’s taught creative writing and literature in universities and communities for 30 years. She was editor of Islandfrom 2006-2010. She revels in living in Tasmania – and especially in writing about her neighbours, the birds.
- Weaving Nests with Smoke & Stone, Walleah Press, 2015 [Poetry]
- Seasoned with Honey: Poetry by Anne Collins, Mary Jenkins, Gina Mercer & Lyn Reeves, Walleah Press, 2008 [Poetry]
- Handfeeding the Crocodile, Pardalote Press, 2007 [Poetry]
- Night Breathing, Wagtail Series, Picaro Press, 2006 [Poetry]
- Parachute Silk, Spinifex Press, 2001 [Fiction]
- Postgraduate Research Supervision: Transforming (R)Elations, Peter Lang Publishing NY, 2001 (Alison Bartlett: co-editor) [Nonfiction]
- The Ocean in the Kitchen, Five Islands Press, 1999 [Poetry – 2 editions]
- Janet Frame – Subversive Fictions, UQP, 1994 [Nonfiction]
Journal and other publications
Over 85 individual poems published in literary journals and anthologies such as: Australian Poetry Journal, Stylus Poetry Journal, Plumwood Mountain Journal, Tears in the Fence (UK), Island, Hecate, Southerly, Blue Giraffe, Prospect, The Tasmanian Times, Communion, Women’s Work: A Collection of Contemporary Women’s Poetry, Five Bells, Birdsong Anthology, Southern Review, Motherlode: Anthology of Australian Women Poets, Imago, The Perfect Diary, Famous Reporter, Verandah, Social Alternatives, Small Packages, Northern Perspective, Women Artists’ Diary, Poetrix, Blue Dog.
Non-fiction and fiction:
15 articles, 4 book chapters, 5 short stories and 7 book reviews published in Australian and overseas publications such as: The Polar Journal, Australian Book Review, Sextuality: An Anthology of Erotica, Southerly, The Australian’s Review of Books, Meanjin, Journal of New Zealand Literature, Australian Women’s Book Review, Australian Feminist Studies, National Times,Famous Reporter, The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (U.K.).